Back from the low ropes challenge course with my 8th/9th grade UU class. Out of about 55 kids in the program, we had 26 of them today, 21 overnight last night (we didn't have enough beds for all the kids to spend the night, unfortunately, but our fearless leader has a plan for next year so everyone will be able to participate). What a great group of kids! I got to know some I didn't know at all (we have 3 classes so it takes a while to even learn all their names) and got to connect with kids in my own class in new ways. Blindfolded, for example. Walking across a swinging log, with their hands supporting me.
I'm not a huge fan of high ropes courses (the kind where significant heights are involved), but the low ropes courses offer plenty of challenges and opportunity for trust-building without making anyone's knees quake. I think this would be perfect for our homeschool co-op and the leader is definitely open to setting up a spring date with us. They do a family camp, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment