Here you go, Julia!
50 things you might not know about me
1. What is your middle name? My parents didn't give me one. Sometimes I use my maiden name as my middle name.
2. What size is your bed? Not big enough for all the critters and cuties that want to share it with me.
3. What are you listening to? The clock ticking. The cat meowing. Everyone else has gone to bed.
4. What are the last two digits in your phone number? What a silly question!
5. What was the last thing you ate? I just got home from choir, where I ate a piece of german chocolate cake and too much many-layered bean dip with chips. My tummy hurts now.
6. Last person you hugged? Evan, I think.
7. How is the weather right now? Dark. Today it was near 50 and sunny, and it's supposed to be the same tomorrow.
8. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My mother-in-law, who called this morning to reschedule a sleep-over with Ben.
9. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? I'm stymied by this one, I guess I've been married too long to care.
10. Do you have a bf/gf? Chris, I guess, but I don't really think of him as a boyfriend anymore, we've been married 12 years.
12. Do you drink? No.
13. Ever get so drunk you don't remember the entire night? No.
14. Hair color? Dark brown, which I hate for people to call it black. Hate that less since my youngest son started calling it black, though.
15. Eye color? brown
16. Fav baseball team? The Cubs. It used to be the Brewers but they lost me years ago when they fired everyone and started over.
17. Fav animal? Howler monkeys. They hang in the trees in the jungle yelling at people and throwing poop at them. That cracks me up.
18. Favorite season? fall.
19. Ever cried for no reason? Yes, in the week after each of my babies was born.
20. Last movie you watched? We're sort of in the middle of City of God right now. We haven't had time to get back to it for a few days though.
29. What book are you reading? I'm not reading any novels right at the moment. I'm reading "Davin" and "Through the Looking Glass" aloud to the kids. I've been browsing some cookbooks I got from the library, and reading Disneyland books.
30. Piercings? Never.
31. Favorite movie? Birdy. Harold and Maude. Though I haven't seen either one in about 20 years so I might feel differently upon viewing them again I suppose.
32. Favorite college team? Wisconsin Badgers. Go Big Red!
33. What are you doing right now? Just got home from choir, did the dishes with Chris, got my Campfire Candy deposit ready to take to the bank in the morning, and soon will be heading to bed.
34. Any pets? 3 cats, a hermit crab, a few fish and a frog.
35. Dog or cat? Cat. I love dogs: other people's dogs.
36. Favorite flower? wildflowers like bachelor's buttons, lupin, California poppies.
37. Have you ever been caught doing something you weren't supposed to? Well, there was that time I drew pictures on paper with my mom's lipstick and then tried to run really fast past my dad so he wouldn't see me.
38. Have you ever loved someone? Does anyone answer "no" to this one? I love a lot of people.
39. Who would you like to see right now? Right this very second I don't want to see anyone unless you count the 3 snoozing lumps upstairs. I'd love it if my best friend from grade school through high school showed up at my door in the morning, though. I haven't seen her since my wedding.
40. Are you still friends with your ex's? Well....um.... I don't really have any ex's. The closest thing to an ex I have is the boy I "went with" for about a week in 7th grade. And actually, I am still friends with him.
41. Have you ever fired a gun? No. Ick.
42. Do you like to travel by plane? Love it.
43. Right or left handed? right
44. If you could be with someone right now, who would it be? Isn't this the same as question 39?
45. How many pillows do you sleep with? one.
46. Are you missing someone? I always miss my mom, my dad, and my sister.
47. Do you have a tattoo? No.
48. Do you watch cartoons on Saturday morning? No. Every so often the kids watch one or two but they don't interest me.
49. Are you hiding something from someone? Not that I can think of.
50. Do you play an instrument? I've been playing the mandolin lately but I'm not very good. I can play recorder. Singing's more my thing.
4 comments:
I think that's so cool that Chris was your only real boyfriend. I had many, and I kissed so many boys I don't think I could count them. Sometimes I wonder if all that bouncing around was bad practice for marriage. Without going into too much detail, after the the honeymoon was over, I had hard time wanting to be settled down.
#17 cracked me up ;-)
Julia, I think it's a rare thing, especially in the past several generations, for couples who get together as young as Ali and Chris did to make it til "death do us part". My youngest brother and his wife have been together since high school; they're one of the few couples I've seen do it successfully and who I can envision being together forever. I think it's wonderful when it happens that way! Keep in mind how much maturity happens in the late teen's and during the 20's -- going thru that as a couple can be very difficult. I have a lot of respect for people who get together in their teens and stay together til the end, but I also have a lot of respect for people who recognize that they shouldn't or don't want to be one of those people =)
Chris and I have been lucky in that the growing we've both done over the years has complimented each others' growth, rather than pulling us in different directions. I think that is unusual, but I don't take credit for it!
Julia, even though we were together from a young age, I honestly couldn't imagine marrying anyone when I was the age you were when you got married. When I was the age you are right now, we were still a year or two away conceiving our first baby!
Post a Comment