Thursday, November 17, 2005

Random school stuff

Ben had his last Hogwart's class of the term today. Today's class involved watching the Sorceror's Stone DVD, eating junk food, and getting prizes. Ben definitely wants to take the next class, which starts in mid-January. I was supposed to sign him up for it this week, but it will have to wait til the week after next because registration is done for this week and they're not open next week.

Ironic thing is, Ben doesn't want to do the Lego Robotics team after all--too much of a commitment. They've opted out of their Lego activity for the past 3 weeks or more. Ben says it's too much to go back to the HRC after having just been there the day before for Hogwart's class, and Evan hasn't wanted to go either. So, the big thing that got us to join in the first place has faded away, but now we have Hogwart's, and Evan's friend who I'll be babysitting again during that time, pulling us back for another term.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday Ben was getting frustrated with his math so I suggested he stop halfway through and pick it up next time. Wednesday we went back to it, he finished the page and opted to do 2 more. "I enjoyed that!" he said after he was done. "Yeah, math can be fun, kind of like a puzzle to figure out," I replied, and almost believed it myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Evan can't read very easily, but when he and Chris were playing with the letter magnets he spelled "height" correctly. He learned it from Rollercoaster Tycoon.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Oh, I love when kids pick up what I consider to be hard to spell words from atypical sources (like games or tv)! "Height" is a tricky one.

LOL, yeah, math *can* be fun like a puzzle . . . sometimes ;-)

That's too cool that the Hogwarts class turned out to be the big draw for Ben. Will the same person be leading the class next time?

Ali said...

Yeah, it'll be the same teacher. :-)