Friday, September 23, 2005
Progress
Ben and Evan had their Lego team thing this morning and it was by far the best experience they've had at the HSC. She divided them into teams of 4 or 5 to work on two projects. Ben and Evan were on the same team with 3 other boys, and by the end of the class they'd definitely made some headway in connecting with those kids. At the same time, I had a conversation with another mom, which makes 2 moms I've had conversations with over the course of 5 days there. Both moms are new to the place also. Coincidence? I've got to say, I am liking this Lego team thing more and more, though. Watching the teamwork of my boys' group of 5, and the other groups, too, made me almost get teary. You know how on "Zoom" they're always pulling for each other and saying things like "Awesome job, Emily!" and you have to wonder how many takes it took to get the kids to stop saying things like "Oh come on, hurry UP, Emily!" and making each other cry? Well, our kids were the Zoom kids on that final take. For, like, a good 1/2 hour, before they starting making it rain legos all over the floor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds so great all-around!
Post a Comment